Webster County and Choctaw County Cemetaries
These cemetaries in Webster County and Choctaw County, Mississippi have some of my relatives
buried in them. Global Positioning System (GPS) coordinates are given to allow one to return there
at any time provided the GPS system of satellites continues to be maintained by the US Government.
Going to the specified coordinates certainly should get you within 100 feet of the specified
location, perhaps much closer. I would appreciate being notified of any errors.
- Mount Pleasant Cemetary is about 4 miles west of Mantee. The location of the grave of George
Washington Womack (b1886) was read as N33° 43.762, W89° 05.656.
- Cross Roads Cemetary is about 7 miles southwest of Mantee. Henry Harrison Womack's grave was
read at N33° 41.884, W89° 07.949.
- Lowrimore Cemetary is southwest of Embry about 2 miles. Embry is west of Bellefontaine about 3
miles on highway 404. This cemetary is not cared for. It is on a hilltop about 0.25 mile from the
nearest road. Its coordinates are N33° 38.354, W89° 24.467. Only one grave has a
marker other than sandstones.
- North Union Cemetary is about one mile north of Bellefontaine. The coordinates of the grave of
Ebenezer McGuire were recorded as N33° 39.783, W89° 18.744.
- LaGrange Cemetary is about 3 miles southeast of Eupora at N33° 30.609,
- Bluff Springs Cemetary is about 3 miles southwest of Bellefontaine. Wister Hood is buried there
at N33° 37.410, W89° 20.845.
- Edward Springs Cemetary is about 5 miles west of Walthall, at N33° 36.090,
W89° 23.452. Wister Hood lived in this community, but I know of no relatives buried there.
- Ebenezer Cemetary is the final resting place of Robert Pleasant Jester. He is at N33° 31.100,
W89° 19.879, about 2 miles west of Eupora.
- Mount Zion Cemetary is northwest of Eupora about 3 miles. Newton James Phelps is buried at
N33° 33.970, W89° 19.241.
- Eupora Cemetary is behind the elementary school. William Longino Perry is buried at
N33° 32.697, W89° 16.518.
- Nebo Cemetary is just west of Highway 9, about 3 miles south of the Natchez Trace. James Lawson
Perry is at N33° 23.509, W89° 13.252. According to William Longino Perry, the grave of
Elzey Perry has a sandstone marker, and is at N33° 23.522, W89° 13.243.
- Salem Cemetary is northwest of Chester about 2 miles. Nancy Ann Perry is buried at
N33° 22.325, W89° 15.704.
- Chester Cemetary is about 4 miles northwest of Ackerman, at N33° 21.645, W89° 14.381.
- Sapa Cemetary is about 4 miles east of Eupora. Its coordinates were read from a map as
N33° 32.96, W89° 12.074.
- Knight Cemetary is about 5 miles northwest of Eupora, at N33° 34.560,
W89° 24.954. There are 2 Hood graves and several McCains.